19 Caribbean Entrepreneurs Advance to the Semi-Finals of the OECS Republic Bank Business Model Competition
OECS Media Release
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 — Nineteen (19) entrepreneurs from the Caribbean have made it through to the semi-final round of the OECS Republic Bank Business Model Competition.
The names of the 19 semi-finalists were announced after a tough quarter-final pitching contest involving thirty (30) of the region’s most promising entrepreneurs.
Dr. Didacus Jules, Director General of the OECS, informed his global audience that the Business Model Competition, an integral part of the Sustainable Development Movement, seeks to facilitate a growing club of business coaches and investors who are available to help increase the competitiveness of regional entrepreneurs.
"It is a movement we are seeking to ignite and its ultimate objective is to light fires of innovation, to inspire creativity, and to stimulate thinking beyond the problems to the possibilities."
"The Business Model Competition seeks to mentor and assist in the shaping of business plans, to adjudicate on the business viability of the ideas and ultimately to invest in and scale up these innovations," Dr. Jules said.
A panel of judges, regional Ministers of Trade, investors, mentors, sponsors and other business experts, witnessed the zoom pitch battles.
The presenting sponsor, the Republic Bank Group, celebrated the young entrepreneurs participating in Business Model Competition stating:
"We believe in your ability to be wealth generators, job providers, community builders and engines for economic growth."
The 19 entrepreneurs selected by judges to advance to the semi-finals on September 9th are:
- Adrian Burton | Cibo Cart Limited | Jamaica
- Alex Straun | Genesis Payment Solutions | Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Danielle Tait | The Interview Jm | Jamaica
- Denell Florius | EcoCarib Inc | Saint Lucia
- Hesma Tyson | Caribbean Specialty Foods Co. Ltd | Trinidad and Tobago
- Ibrahim Hinds | Gloria Hinds Photovoltaic Installation Training Agency | Barbados
- Janet Henry | CNC Wellness Ltd | Jamaica
- Jermaine Rhudd | Jmvi Realty | Antigua and Barbuda
- Jody White | Slimdown 360 Ltd | Trinidad and Tobago
- Kadeem Smith | Vasttrips Limited | Jamaica
- Leandra Peter |Farm Essence | Saint Lucia
- Linda Dias |Bodio Inc |Montserrat
- Michael Husbands |Global Tutoring Hub |Barbados
- Ryan Scott |Highlight Espy | Jamaica
- Sebastien Celestine | Myditek | Guadeloupe
- Shawn De Freitas | Dingole Ltd | Trinidad and Tobago
- Steve Bercy | AirZoon | Martinique
- Teasea Bennett | Reve Limited t/a Reve Jewellery & Accessories | Jamaica
- Trevaun Solomon | Project Jaguar - The Home of The Teacherpreneur | Antigua and Barbuda
The selected entrepreneurs will undergo further training in preparation for the semi-final round.
Finalists will participate in a Pitch Room hosted by Mr. Daymond John, Star of ABC’s Shark Tank, and President of the Shark Group.
Winners will receive up to US$20,000.00 in prize money and the possibility of securing the attention of global investors.
Business Model Competition Semi-Final Entrepreneurs:
About the OECS Republic Bank Business Model Competition:
The OECS Republic Bank Business Model Competition forms part of the OECS Commission’s Sustainable Development Movement (SDM) Conference – a two-day event expected to attract over 3000 delegates from across the Caribbean Region and internationally to meet and exchange thoughts, best practices, untold stories and strategies concerning sustainable growth and development on September 23-24, 2020.