We are calling for digital solutions worldwide to adapt them to the challenges faced in developing countries and to immediately implement them against the COVID-19 crisis. This will be achieved through a matchmaking of digital solution providers and implementation expertise. The best teams will enter a two-day intensive hackathon, present their proposal to our jury and potentially receive significant financial support for direct execution.
Process and Timeline
- 20.04.-27.04.: Call for Solutions to our challenges
- 20.04.-30.04.: Call for Implementing Partners
- 04.05.-11.05.: Matchmaking between solutions and implementation experts
- 14.05.-15.05.: Two-day online hackathon
20.05.: Winner announcement
You have an innovative and digital solution that you would like to apply and scale to one of our challenges? As a solution provider, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You need to offer an existing digital solution and apply
- The solution must be easily adaptable to the relevant context for quick implementation
- Eligible are private companies (start-ups, profit-oriented companies, social enterprises), NGOs, foundations, academic and research institutions
- This is a global call for solutions. However, participants from the EU, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Latin America are particularly encouraged to submit solutions
- To attend the hackathon, you need to be free on 14.05.-15.05.
What’s in it for You
We support you with professional digital as well as long-term local expertise to implement the solutions together in our partner countries. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to network with a diverse group of organizations and individuals of the digital economy and public sector. Finally, a jury of BMZ, the EU Commission, Smart Africa, GIZ and other partners will select the best hackathon projects – which will receive significant financial support for the implementation to scale their idea within the vast partner network.
To apply and for more information about the #SmartDevelopmentHack, please visit: https://toolkit-digitalisierung.de/en/smartdevelopmenthack/