1. A Venezuelan C 130 aircraft collected food and water supplies from Grenada to deliver at Douglas Charles airport.
2. A Venezuelan helicopter ensured delivery of food from the airport and the ports to the remote communities of Dominica.
3. The prescription of medications has been completed by the OECS Pharmaceutical Procurement Service for 200 elderly persons in the Soufriere area who required specialized treatment. The medications were dropped by helicopter on September 29.
4. Arrangements were made for the rental of a boat and the purchase of oxygen supplies to support the creation of a self-sufficient clinic managed by a non-profit organization comprising health professionals from the Dominican diaspora
5. Support from the Commission has been provided to the German Consulate and the GIZ to ensure the delivery of essential supplies by boat in Soufriere.
6. 17 counselling specialists were sent to Antigua to reach Anguilla and the British Virgin Islands through the “Return to Happiness Program” funded by UNICEF. They aim at providing assistance to people in post-traumatic situation especially children.
Further information will be communicated in the next daily note.