The conference seeks to bring together regional leaders in education to focus on a collaborative approach to the strengthening of the education of teachers.
The conference will bring to the fore recent research conducted on teacher education in the region, their implications and recommendations, programme specific efforts managed by the Education Development Management Unit in response to the OESS as it relates to teacher education and explore how regional leaders might support teachers and pre-service teachers in functioning as highly skilled professionals.
The conference will include technical sessions for teacher educators and curriculum officers. Specifically, the objectives of the conference are as follows:
- Present and discuss research on teacher education and professional development in the OECS.
- Critically analyze the present conditions to determine possible actions towards developing a sustainable in-service professional development programme led by the teachers’ colleges of the OECS.
- Establish strategies and mechanisms for developing evidence-based approaches to teacher education and professional development in the OECS.
- Provide training for technical personnel of the OECS towards enhanced teacher education and professional development approaches.
The press briefing aims at sensitizing the media on the outcomes of the conference
- OECS Education Development Management Unit
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The media houses.
The press briefing will be held on April 4 at 12:30 PM
Hotel Harbor Club