The OECS/USAID Early Learners Programme Write to Read Book Production Initiative which will be concluded by the final Award Ceremony pursued multiple objectives:
1. To develop locally made reading resources to facilitate the access of OECS students to authentic, relevant reading material to enhance their learning and love of reading.
2. To provide the general public and experts in the area of education accross OECS Member States with an opportunity to contribute to a regional library of reading material that will support the development of a culture of reading in OECS classrooms and homes.
3. To enable teachers to access to books, both in hard copy and electronic version, to assist with instructional planning and execution in early learning classrooms of the OECS.
4. To enable parents and other members of the general public to access electronic books to promote reading among early learners in the OECS Member States.
The OECS/USAID Early Learners Programme Write to Read Award Ceremony will acknowledge the winning children literature authors.
Participants will include:
- OECS Education Development Management Unit
- Senior Officials from the Ministry of Education of Saint Lucia
- Children Literature Authors
- Principals and Teachers of schools
- Students of participating schools
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The media is invited to attend.
February 5, 2019 at 9:00 AM at 758 Books in Gablewoods Mall in Saint Lucia.