Under the World Diabetes Federation/OECS Diabetes Prevention and Care Project, and in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Diabetes Associations, the OECS Health Unit joins the regional community in observance of Caribbean Wellness Day.
The day will be commemorated with a Health and Knowledge Fair and will mark the launch of the Revised CARPHA Guidelines for the Management of Diabetes in Primary Care and a year-long mass diabetes sensitization campaign under the slogan "2Sweet Knowyour#s".
The general public in Saint Lucia is invited to attend the Health and Knowledge Fair and browse the various booths that will be present all day, such as:
- Pharmaceutical Counselling
- Physical activity (Socacise, Zumba etc)
- Dental Demonstrations
- Nutrition Counselling / Diet Education
- Blood Glucose and Blood Pressure Screening
- Health Education (Chronic Disease, Self Care Management, Foot Care and Reproductive Health)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Private and Public Partners
The general public
The media are invited for interviews.
The OECS Health and Knowledge Fair will be held on September 13th from 10:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Constitution Park, Castries, Saint Lucia
(758) 458 1260