Activities for the week will take place in Trinidad and Tobago and will include:
- Official Opening of ABS Week (January 29, 2019);
- Implementation of the Nagoya Protocol within the Caribbean Region;
- A high-level Ministerial Meeting (January 30, 2019);
- A multi-stakeholder workshop, on various technical, policy and administrative matters related to accessing genetic resources and sharing of the benefits derived from their utilization (January 29, 2019);
- A Biodiversity Expo (January 29-31, 2019) including cultural presentations; and
- A School Debating Competition (Thursday, January 30, 2019 from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The media, organisations and individuals interested or engaged in the economic valuation of biological resources, promotion of traditional knowledge, herbal practitioners, traders of genetic resources and other members of the public are all invited to visit the biodiversity expo.
Activities will be held from January 29-31, 2019.
The Hilton Trinidad Hotel and Conference Centre, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Environmental Sustainability Cluster
For additional Information, please visit the ABS Caribbean website here.